WHAT TO AVOID
- Please remove your jewellery when showering, swimming, sleeping, and exercising. Also make sure to remove jewellery when applying any cosmetics including perfume, lotions, creams, oils, makeup etc.
- Pearls are sensitive to acids and other corrosive substances, therefore ensure your piece is never worn in chlorinated pools.
HOW TO CLEAN
- Cleaning Gold filled Jewellery – Clean your piece with mild soapy water (mild detergent) and a child’s soft toothbrush. Ensure the toothbrush is soft, or it may scratch your piece.
- Cleaning pearls – Use a soft damp cloth. If the pearls are particularly dirty you can mix a solution of lukewarm water and mild detergent to help remove grit and grime. Dampen another cloth with fresh water and wipe off the pearls to remove any soap residue.
HOW TO STORE
- Store your pieces in the box provided in a cool, dark place away from sunlight and heat. Pearls can fade and crack if exposed to extreme heat, or if they are kept in a dry atmosphere such as an airtight plastic bag for a long period of time. So, wear your pearls from time to time as they benefit immensely, as they are hydrated by direct contact with the skin.
- Pearls are relatively soft so store them away from other objects or jewellery that may scratch the surface, ideally place them in a separate soft pouch.
- Pearls are sensitive to chemicals so ensure they are never exposed to household substances, perfumes, or other acidic materials.